I really don't understand. There are all these "Be careful" warnings and technicalities standing in the way. And none of it really makes any since.
One, because-we've shared more love in the short time we've been together than most people do their entire lives.
Every single day-we laugh. We laugh. We have fun! We can have fun just sitting on the couch talking. We never get tired of each other; I'm excited to see Thomas whether it's the first moment I see him after I've woken up, or after we've spent an entire week together at my house. We are in constant celebration of one another.
It never fades.
WE NEVER burn out. We will never burn out.
I'm so tired of things being belittled as "the honey-moon period". No. I think people would like to believe that...especially couples around here, because they've grown stagnate so quickly. It's not the honey-moon period, it's that we didn't settle. We found each-other, and we're happy. And we'll always BE happy.
I have no doubts.
No question!
And
That's huge for ME
To have no doubts.
I know without Thomas, my life would be less. I'd never be the person I was intended to be. And that's huge! Why? Because I've always been so independent! The whole "other-half" theory was always crazy to me, because I believed that it was important to make yourself whole first, then go looking for another whole person. Well that worked up to a point...in chasing Christ, I became more whole than I've ever been (are we ever completely whole?), and in that...I found Thomas-only to see how half, in my wholeness, that I really was.
Hello!
I said I found Thomas by chasing Christ!
What does that mean?
He made a list, and I did too-and then I dropped everything and moved to Nashville...
He ordered me,
And I ordered him...
And we (of all people) ended up at random Bible College in Nashville and
Fell in love.
We are unique. In every way. Separately, and together.
It's funny because I think this uniqueness makes it hard for people to understand just WHAT
we are and what we have...
And in that,
They don't understand that we are already more married right now
Than many legally married couples.
No one understands it.
We're too rash,
Too young,
It's too risky-
It's foolish.
Oh and my favorite
"But you won't finish school!"
Yah right! I realize that I'm female, and that getting married before finishing is stigmatized, but I'VE SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY NOT TO FINISH! Plus the fact that I'M SO AMBITIOUS! I'M JADE! Have they forgotten? I've gotten this spiel every time I switch schools, or consider transferring back to Norman. I'M GOING TO FINISH! I'M TO HUGE OF A PERSONALITY NOT TO FINISH! I WAS MADE TO WRITE AND DO ART...why would I NOT finish? WHY would I not use my talents to my FULLEST to glorify GOD? Why would I have moved all this way...and done all this time and work to just throw it away?! Have I ever done ANYTHING that has made me deserve such little credit?
Granted-
These are all things I would have said too-
About someone else,
Had they been in my shoes
About a year ago.
But right now...
I'm in my shoes...
And I'm past ready.
I've met the love of my life;
I just wish everyone else would catch up
And have as much faith in us as we do
Because I know without a shadow of a doubt
This is right
And every day without Thomas
Is just another half day...
Another day wasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment