Home, is finally home again! And it feels terrific. Here, I am reminded of who I really am. Jade is here. And she is so much better! Home.
Sometimes I think it took moving away and God creating in me a fresh vision, to really appreciate where I came from.
There was an unexplainable darkness in Norman, that used to engulf me. But now, because of Christ...there is only light. It makes me know that if you let him change your heart, he then, too-will change your mind.
Norman went from broken to a haven. I find peace here, and my own bed? It is like my sanctuary; where before it was only restless nights after losing endless boxing matches. Now, my bed is full of deep dreaming; home is once again full of refreshed mornings, The Fray, Kings of Leon, hot coffee and delicious pumpkin pie.
Here...
I am "back to the gypsy that I was", I am back to myself-the artist, the poet, the indian warrior princess, mother earth, at peace with my body, a joyful soul, and elation pours from my cheeks. Here I can finally mend.
All of that traveling...all the hustle and bustle of the city...can really wear a girl out. Don't get me wrong. I am enamored by Nashville. I love still, the shiny towers; the pretty lights and the beautiful bridges where couples stand and kiss under the night sky as the city is captivated by them.
But...Norman? Oh man! My PERFECT Norman!
Norman once brought me to life. And slowly but surely, I fell into the darkness and dwelt there for years. But now that I've been taken away and I see the forest for the trees-Norman has been rebuilt in my mind and heart. Finally! Peace. Because of Christ, I can celebrate Main St. and Lindsey, and Robinson and Berry...Alameda...everything. And anything East of my house no longer makes my stomach crawl. All the bad memories have been washed away. Those people that I used to fear? I know longer remember their faces.
And my new love? Brings my heart so much celebration! Now...there is peace. This is the first holiday I am able to relax. I have my God, my Nashville, My Norman, my love-someone I can trust, my family, my friends, my home-a haven, my soft p.j.s and my journal. Could life be better?
And while I'm here...I want to explore-from Native Roots Market on Main Street to the pathways and hedges of the University, to Norman High, to the dollar section at Super Target. I'm free! I'm free of sadness and sorrow...
Just like he promised in my dream!
"And sorrow and sighing shall flee away..." Isaiah 35:10
He kept His promise! Yet again. And I thought otherwise?
I'm the luckiest girl in the entire world.
What a difference the Lord makes.
I am home...finally.
I am home.
No comments:
Post a Comment