Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back to the Drawing Board

Two days ago, my Nan bought me some Prismacolors Graphite pencils. Honestly, I have no idea how to use them. I have no clue what the numbers mean, or what this weird board thing with sand-paper on it is (that came with it), or the second "eraser?". No idea. This whole drawing thing is going to be an adventure. I've never done it. I'm amazed at how quickly, in high-school, "can't" turned to "don't" and "don't" turned to "won't".

Back-tracking now, and trying to conquer some of that...I've decided to put down my paintbrush until I can master drawing. MASTER drawing. Rice once said "You're not a good artist unless you can draw. It's not one or the other." At the time I was hurt...and Dallam disagreed. But I'm starting to agree with her. There is a discipline drawing takes...that is required in art. You can't just have what you're good at..."your thing", because honestly...the more well rounded you are the more you'll grow. I am going to push through this.

I want to study talent verses discipline; I have this theory you can teach an inch worm to draw if they are motivated. How long it will take? I really don't know. But this will definitely be an interesting adventure.

In a perfect world, I would practice until my fingers fall off, make a portfolio and try out for the OU Art program...double major, in art and in english. That would be glorious.


In a perfect world...

No comments:

Post a Comment