How's Norman?
Same moan and groan-
Stage
You mask your face in?
Is your soul still marinating
In your same-ness?
Your sick monotony-
Or did you re-arrange it?
Clean out the clutter;
Scoop
Out the broken-ness with your tea-spoon
You have in the cupboard?
Perfect for when you're a trophy wife...
Or a pretty statue
Of a
fourth place
Bronze winner
Want-to-be.
Or have you progressed since last November?
No progression does not equal
Mocking-birds
Sweetie.
Though I know I'm a tempting
Little bird to be.
Sing your dull song while it's still in you;
Because all his apathy will ruin you-
Run your fingers through it till it eats you
And you'll never stop running
Because you'll have nowhere to retreat
To.
Jealous because I'm golden?
Always.
Am I angry because you stole it?
I'm laughing.
Mercy doesn't wait inside this fear smelling
Beast.
And baby,
Your intimidation never sleeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment